background

Friday, October 8, 2010

This was Week One Of Making Your Home a Haven Challenge


It was week one of the Making Your Home a Haven challenge with Courtney at Women Living Well. I meant to put this up earlier this week, but I have be down with the flu. The idea of the challenge is that as we create the physical environment of our home, we are also creating the spiritual environment that can bring a sense of peace and calmness in our homes.

We are encouraged to keep a big candle lit in our home this week, and each time that we glance at it, we are encourage to pray for the peace in our homes. This week, I'm going to light a candle mid afternoon and pray for my family. The candle can symbolize many things. My candle to me will remind me to pray for the peace in my home but also will remind me to:

~ keep up with the cleaning and tidying up of my home
~ to pray for each of my children specifically
~ pray for guidance in my eldest child's high school question at the
moment, catholic or public.

Next week, she suggest bringing calming, peaceful music into our homes as an element in making our homes a haven for our families. If you you have time, I have the link above to her website, it worth checking out!


1 comment:

  1. Diane - you have been busy! I wish you could come to my house and help me! I'm clean, but disorganized! I do light candles in prayer on on my icon corner - that is my "haven" in my home. I wish I could afford beeswax, though; they are clean and organic.
    Also: can I also list you on my new blog list? ecbl.wordpress.com - let me know.
    God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete

c

Saint Of The Day

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by WebRing.