background

Thursday, April 22, 2010

St. Joseph Novena - Day One - Monday








I am going to begin a Novena to St. Joseph for a special intention. I am hoping that if I am accountable to this blog and come back every day, I will finish. I am great at starting, but not as as much at finishing.


To anyone who might not know, A novena is a 9 day prayer for a special occasion or intention. Why 9 days? The significance of 9 days is that when The Blessed Virgin Mary and the Disciples spent nine days in the Upper Room prayer beginning with the Ascension. One the ninth day, they were rewarded with the Pentecost.



St. Joseph the Worker's Feast Day is May 1st. He is the patron Saint of the home, family, and a happy death. If you would like to know more about the life of St. Joseph, below I have linked to a video of St. Joseph's life that I think you will enjoy:







No comments:

Post a Comment

c

Saint Of The Day

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by WebRing.