background

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Secret Weapon






Psalm 132:15 "I will abundantly bless her provision; I will satisfy her needy with bread.

What is the best secret weapon that you have available to you to you in your busy days? How can you avoid expensive and unhealthy take-out? The biggest secret in my arsenal these days is my beloved crock-pot. Even as I type this very moment I can smell the aroma of Bar-B-Que Pork coming out of the kitchen.

Crock-pot cooking is about planning ahead. No fast-food guilt here, nutritious and delicious meals already under way as you go about your busy day. Chicken, soups, roasts and more can be easily put together for a healthy meal for your family.

Walking into your home after a day out with the kids and having the aroma of food beckoning from from the kitchen is so welcoming. Even on the days that I am too busy to spend much time in the kitchen, dinner is not a problem. I have two crock pots, and two larger roasters for bigger gatherings. (I am a big fan of making stuffed cabbages ahead of time for parties and throwing them in a roaster to cook). And what a relief for me, no last minute scrambling around in the kitchen trying to throw something to together.

If you don’t have one in your arsenal of secrets, give a crock-pot a try on your next busy day, the I don’t know how I will ever get it all done kind of day. There is nothing as easy as putting in a roast, it is guaranteed to come out nice and tender and ready for the family to sit down to at dinner time.

Some Great links for crock pot recipes:


http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Main-Dish/Slow-Cooker/Main.aspx

http://www.foodnetwork.com/search/crock-pot-cooking/results.do

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas! I forget about using my crockpot! I'll put it on this morning for tonight's dinner; thank you for the recipe links.

    ReplyDelete

c

Saint Of The Day

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by WebRing.