background

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

St. Therese The Little Flower's Feast Day is October 1st.

The feast day of the St. Therese The Little Flower is approaching us on October 1. More information about the life of St. Therese can also be found at Society of The Little Flower.


A MORNING PRAYER WRITTEN BY ST. THERESE

O my God! I offer Thee all my actions of this day for the intentions and for the glory of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I desire to sanctify every beat of my heart, my every thought, my simplest works, by uniting them to Its infinite merits; and I wish to make reparation for my sins by casting them into the furnace of Its Merciful Love.

O my God! I ask of Thee for myself and for those whom I hold dear, the grace to fulfill perfectly Thy Holy Will, to accept for love of Thee the joys and sorrows of this passing life, so that we may one day be united together in heaven for all Eternity. Amen.




I have to credit St. Therese for beginning the deeper spiritual journey that I am on now. I borrowed The Story of a Soul from the Library, and that was it for me. I bought the book about 15 years ago, and love to re-read it from time to time.

Some great ideas for the day, make some St. Therese sacrifice beads, great for mom as well as the kids to have! For the kids, here are some great coloring pages of St. Therese. Homemade Holy Cards can also be made with the many images of The Little Flower we can find online. A great idea is to make one, maybe a little larger than the size of a holy card, and put St. Therese's Morning Prayer that is above on the flip side to keep on a nightstand. Paper roses are sure to be a hit with the kids to make St. Therese in honor of her Feast Day. Lastly , here is a Novena, may you received many roses from heaven on the Little Flowers Feast Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

c

Saint Of The Day

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by WebRing.